September 22, 2010

To Bachelorette or Not to Bachelorette?

With the upcoming nuptials of one of my favorite fashionistas (see below), there have been pictures of said pretty mother of two frolicking in Cabo for her bachelorette.


My question to you, dear readers, is what are your thoughts on bachelor and bachelorette parties? Funnily, the first question from the lips of all the groomsmen after being asked to be a groomsmen took the shape of something like, "When/where/who/how are the bachelor parties?" Note the plural: parties.

Pause. Breathe.

Not "When is the wedding?" or "Where will the wedding take place?"  Men.

My thoughts are on a joint bachelor/bachelorette party in Vegas that does not include strippers. No strippers!! Also on the ixed-nay list: penis straws, tiaras, sashes, veils with penises, list of must-do's, etc. Apologies to married girlfriends that I participated in putting through above-mentioned rites.

Brett will probably have one or two more bachelor parties, but just one trip to Vegas with all of our closest friends is enough for me. Girls in one suite, boys in the other.

Oh! Lookie what I got in the mail today
Loves it! So stoked. It's all sparkly from the 15 minutes of sun we got today!

This dress is dreamy, like it was pulled straight out of a Winterhalter painting. Look him up--his attention to women's fashion in the late 1800s is amazing. Listen to me, I sound so smart and edumacated! LOL!

My heart started to beat faster when I saw these pics.

I want that tiny waist! And ladies, take note of the jaw-dropping, dramatic flair of this dress. So necessary.

Cute right? Silly string exit?

Wrong! It's actually cute as a concept and awkward in execution!

Beautiful bride, handsome groom, homespun shabby chic altar... I get the feel of the wedding, but the officiant's retro look is overkill. Gets an A for effort.

Two blogs in two days? Lucky you! More than halfway done with application essays (I would say roughly 71.2% done) and Brett busy-busy at work (coming home after 8 pm is unacceptable!) leaves this temporary housewife with some extra time on her hands.

Kinda morbid wedding pic, eh? Like they just got hit by a bus? On that note...

Have a lovely rest of the week!


"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine."
--Song of Solomon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover