October 28, 2010

Lazy Susan

Good Thursday, readers! It has been a bit of a long two weeks for Brett and myself, but I am finally done with pharmacy applications (well, the four that are due next week), got my Halloween costumes, and tied up some wedding planning loose ends. 

So now! I'm in chill mode. I'm presently sitting on the couch under a blanket watching Season 7 of Family Guy and browsing my favorite blogs. Mmmmmmm... vegging out is rad. Plus! Plus plus plus, Brett returned home from a business trip yesterday and we're going out tonight for date night! I'm beyond excited. Until date night time, I will be on the couch enjoying my veg time. 

Why is it called a Lazy Susan? And it's only in Chinese restaurants so shouldn't it be Lazy Mulan or something? I can make that joke because I'm a quarter Chinese. Anyway, can someone research that and get back to me?

Now on to the goods--there's no particular order because I'm a lazy Susan.

 This bride is absolutely beautiful! Her dress is amazing! AND, she's wearing the bracelet that I'll be wearing on my wedding day! :)

 So pretty! 

 I can't wait to take these group shots on our wedding day :) Yay!

So festive! Makes me wonder if I should get an aisle runner made. What do you all think?
 I love bright, happy outdoor venues. So fun.

 I'll take the lot of them.

 It was fashion week in NYC last week, so all the new dresses came out! Soo awesome. Thank goodness I haven't seen any that compares to the one I ordered! Man, I hope I hope I hope I never see one that I like more. That would be the worst.

 So oddly pretty.

Such a cute e-shoot!
 There's something about a pic taken from the back with the couple sitting together all in their own little world that does it to me every time. Every time. 
And the Golden Gate (?) in the back ain't so bad, either.

 How awesome are those blonde Asian twins?
So awesome.

 Hair candy. Almost as fun as scoping out dresses and shoes.

 Riiiight? Sooo good!

 This couple is too cute.

 Amazing.

I die.

 New Priscilla of Boston dresses. ♥

 
 
 
New Vera Wang, my favorite of the bunch!
 New Watters :)

 
 
 Isn't this wedding absolutely gorgeous? 

 I have a friend who wore this dress :) Check out the details from this wedding below... So fancy!
 
 
Beach bonfire with a blanket laid out under the stars? It's like a movie!

Well, I had better get back to vegging out and letting my brain take a mini-vacation for a couple of hours. Thanks for using your downtime to check out this little post :)

Have a lovely Thursday! ♥

2 comments:

  1. What caused the name change from "dumbwaiter'' to "lazy Susan''? A popular theory suggests that servants were often named Susan, so that "Susan'' came to be almost a synonym for "servant,'' and the "lazy Susan'' was essentially functioning as a servant who never had to go anywhere (hence "lazy''). Another theory suggests that the name derives from a specific inept servant named Susan. Interesting as those stories are, there is no hard evidence to support either of them. The era of servants in most homes had ended long before the term "lazy Susan'' came into use, and, as you might expect, there is no evidence that most female servants were named Susan.

    It is more than likely that "lazy Susan'' was styled on previous combinations in English that use "Susan'' ("black-eyed Susan'' being the most common). There are many such words in English that use names in a generic way: "peeping Tom,'' "jim-dandy,'' and "Jolly Roger'' are just a few. It is also possible that the combination of the "z'' sound in "lazy'' and the initial "s'' sound of "Susan'' appealed to the manufacturer of the lazy Susan, and in a brilliant marketing move, "lazy Susan'' was born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anonymous! Very informative! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover