November 23, 2010

Happy Turkey Day!


This time of year is a great time to reflect on your life and your blessings. I'm thankful for so many things: my loving and supportive family, amazing fiance, wonderful friends that keep me laughing, Netflix. How old were you when you cooked your first turkey? I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I've never cooked a turkey before. In my life. Not even helped, really, unless you count last year's "orphan" Thanksgiving when Fiance cooked the turkey and I read the directions.

This coming from a Japanese girl who never cooked a pot of rice until the age of 27 shouldn't surprise you. What? Don't judge. Both my family and fiance spoil me rotten.

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving this year? It is one of my favorite holidays because it's all about family and food :) Brett and I will be in North Carolina spending time with his fam, who are kind enough to throw us an oyster roast engagement party this weekend, too!

Speaking of engagements, I know I've mentioned how much I love engagement pictures taken in New York City--because it's such a beautiful, sprawling, urban, electric, romantic city--so I had to post these e-shoot pictures.

 

See what I mean? So pretty! It's also kind of a miracle that in a city of seventeen gazillion people, you happen to find one person who's perfect for you.

I love a hand-drawn map. It's all about the personal details :)

Wedding photos are not complete without a great, big, happy family portrait.

 
 This couple got married in Tuscany. Lucky them! That reminds me of one of my favorite celebrity couples, Bill and Giuliana, who got married in Italy. Did you watch their reality show? So good.


Still kind of bummed all of these beautiful couples aren't going to make it...



BUT super excited to watch this royal couple get hitched on April 29th! They make such a gorgeous couple! 


Happy turkey day and don't forget to give thanks :)

XOXO ♥

2 comments:

  1. Last year was called Turdrunken, not "Orphan" Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the correction, Fiancé.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover