January 5, 2011

2011, You're Amazing Already!! ♥

photo credit
Hauoli Makahiki Hou! Fiancé and I are back from spending Christmas in Hawaii with my family (pure bliss!) and fresh off a weekend of stolen kisses behind the bar on New Year's Eve, drunken nights with friends, and a quickie vacay just the two of us. I love Fiancé so much--he makes me a lucky lucky girl

How did you spend your NYE? This night used to be spent at my mom's house in Aiea, Hawaii with my mom, gramma, and sister. We would make a layer of Pop-pop's on the ground on our front lanai and at midnight stomp all over them! LOL! Imagine the four of us stomping around trying to get all the Pop-pop's and bumping into each other. Afterwards, we would drink champagne and giggle for hours. So much fun! I love them memories :)


Speaking of New Year's, Style Me Pretty, one of my absolute favorite wedding blogs--quite possibly the best one out there--just published an e-mag that you can find here. It includes the top ten weddings of 2010. Check it out, trust me!

A lot of posts recently were the "Best of 2010" lists. One of them led to this beautiful Valentine's Day-themed engagement shoot:

 
 
 
 

Gorgeous, right?

Twenty-eleven is the year in which many of my friends (plus yours truly!) are getting married--and I'm anticipating quite a few engagements this year too! Wasn't this past holiday season full of celebrity engagements? A short list: Sherry Shepherd, Vivica Fox, Hugh Hefner, Leanne Rimes, Reese Witherspoon, Lily Allen, Jason Mraz, Tony Romo, Ginnifer Goodwin, Shania Twain, Kelsey Grammar... I could go on, but I'll stop. For all the newly engaged, Congratulations!! The post-proposal glow is the happiest feeling I have ever experienced so don't forget to just take it all in with your betrothed and not get overwhelmed with other planning or worrying.

Anyway, my bestfriendforever Nikki, has been sweet enough to design our stationery for the wedding, and the time has come to start thinking about what we are going to do! Some pretty paper...

photo credit
photo credit
 I cannot wait to see what my Nikkers comes up with! You can check out her work here. ♥

 
photo credit
 Love this bride's dress, hair, and natural, pretty makeup.

 
photo credit
 This wedding reminds me of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

photo credit
 This is a real wedding that I spotted on Grace Ormonde's glamorous wedding site. Not to hate on Nicole Ritchie or anything, but this bride did NR's dress the right way. I hated it on NR! :( Still love her though!

Meh.

 
photo credit
 This wedding is too tooooo tooooooo cute!! OMG. This couple had a wedding for two! They were the only people there! So romantic! ...Buuuut it also makes me think, "What could they be talking about over dinner?" Seriously, what are they discussing? The ceremony? Looks kinda lonely too. But still, I like this wedding. It speaks to my inverted, shy self. But then my out-going self tells my shy self to stop being such an old fuddy duddy. 

That's it for this time! Happy 2011, my sweet readers! ♥ I look forward to everything this year has in store for us! 
XO

photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover