February 2, 2011

Decisions Decisions!!

source
If you know me personally, you will know that I am a bit indecisive--but selectively so. Big life-changing decisions are actually easy for me to make. Go back to school? Sure! Move out of state? Okay! But for things like "Which dress should I wear to dinner?" will leave me doubting myself for an hour. It was surprising how quickly I decided on the Dress for the Big Day (somehow I just knew).

This brings me to two wedding-related topics.

First, the garter. When I think of throwing the garter, I see a tacky polyester shiny thing with little florets. Yuck. I was so against it, but Brett and I agreed that we need to do both the garter and bouquet toss, because it's "fun." And then I took a look at Etsy's garter options and had a complete change of heart. These are amazing!

click here to take you to the etsy shop!
shop
shop
shop
shop
Aren't they pretty? The look of weddings has changed so much! I'm so thankful I wasn't the generation that got married in the 80's! LOL!


Thus, a garter will be purchased in the near future. Or made, since all of these cost more than I'm willing to spend on something I'll be literally "throwing away."

The other matter of contention (albeit mild) between Fiancé and I recently has been whether or not to do a "first look" before the ceremony. I said no, because of that superstition of not seeing the bride before the wedding. But he had some valid points:
  • Take away some of the noyvous jittahs in our bellies by seeing each other before the whole aisle + 150 guests thing
  • More time = less rushed pictures of the two of us, plus extra "moments" that we can have together
  • Lessen the risk of the "ugly cry" as I walk down the aisle (i.e. being overly emotional)
  • We can actually have a cocktail during cocktail hour
  • Our wedding is somewhat short (between 5 and 9:30 pm for the ceremony and reception) so this would give us more time to spend with each other (before the ceremony) and with our guests (since we won't be taking pics during the entire cocktail hour)
  • Lose the risk of going over cocktail hour means less hungry guests and more time to boogey!
Don't you think these are excellent reasons? Fiancé is so sensible. Also, after conducting some research of my own, I think first look pictures are rather cute and romantic. I love it when the groom gets so emotional!

source
source
source
source
source
 And then and then!!! Two (somewhat) challenging decisions were made! I feel good about them. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover