February 28, 2011

Happy Monday! ♥

source
Did you watch the Oscars last night? We watched part of it, from Miss Celeste's thirtieth birthday party, but not the whole thing. From the word on the street, we caught the best part, which was the hilarious Inception-themed opening short with Anne, James, Morgan, and Alec (yes, I'm on a first name-basis with all of them). Word also is that James was so disappointed in the less-than-stellar reviews of their hosting gig that he skipped the after party thrown in his honor. Ah well. C'est la vie!

But don't Audrey and Grace look beautiful? That was taken backstage at the Oscars in 1956. Absolutely amazing. If I have two daughters, their names will be Audrey and Grace. Not kidding.

source
Speaking of little mini-me's how sickeningly adorable is this ad?! OMG I die.

Oh! Almost forgot to mention: I GOT MY WEDDING DRESS! Brett, being the perfect sweetie that he is, drove me to and from Portland on Saturday just to (a) go to brunch with the lovely Miss Sara, (b) wait in the car with Sara's pup, Zelda, while we tried on and packed up the dress and (c) wait in the car with Zelda and the dress while we ran into H&M.

I found the best man in the universe. Sorry, ladies, he's taken.

So, it's been here hanging in the guest room for two days now. And yes, I've tried it on multiple times. Practiced walking (and prancing and sitting and skipping and posing) in it. Worn it with my veil. Stared at it on the hanger. Ran my hands over it. Sighed and cooed. It's amazingly beautiful and I'm in love with it! Fiancé thinks I've gone cuckoo. Possibly so, but I'll look fabulous doing it.

 
 
source
 Hardcover book that holds a wedding invitation? Brilliant! 

source
 Love the quirky illustrations! And I believe that the wedding party deserves a page in the program (and more!) since they are such a big part of the couple's lives and host various wedding celebrations.

source
 Alright. Who wants to sew us some wedding invitations? Only around 85 or so. Piece of cake!

 Every Last Detail wrote a DIY post for this board. It's a cute detail that could be placed in the cocktail space and then later in your home!

source
Or you could just buy this one.

New bridal accessories line for Spring by Twigs and Honey. If you haven't already, go look! If anything, just go because it'll put a little pretty in your day. 

I want this crafting room. Brett, next house we get, let's make this happen.

source
 Ugh disgusting. Why did I ever want to get married in a castle when I was a little? They're so gross. (The sarcasm is lost in the typing).

 
 
 
 
 
 

source
Sweet engagement shoot. They're so obviously in love--I can't get enough of pics like these!

So I noticed that when a man tells another man that he's engaged, the first thing that happens is that the guy asks about the bachelor party. But as a girl, you tell another girl and the first thing that happens is she grabs your hand to look at the ring. The ring. It's so epic in a girl's life. Let's look at some examples.

 Nicole Ritchie. Art deco vintage and very classy. Love it. Remember the pink one she got from DJ AM? Very different.

 Carrie Underwood, yellow diamond with a halo of white diamonds. Pretty. 

 Jessica Simpson, a ruby flanked by two diamonds. Not my favorite, but rather romantic, I guess.

 Bam! Beyonce's 18-carat bling worth an estimated $5 million. That's a lot of sparkle!

Good lord! Look at that thing! It's massive! I would be afraid to leave the house with that thing! 
Check out more celeb engagement rings on People.com.

But this one is still by far my favorite ♥
 
 
 Isn't it the prettiest ring you ever did see? I don't know how FiancĂ© picked it out all by hisself, but I could not have done better!
Yes, that is my pasty white dry cracked hand. Curse thee, winter dry skin! I need to tan my pale bootie before the wedding.

Have a lovely week, everyone! 
♥  ♥  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover