March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday!



Happy Mardi Gras, lovelies! One of my dearest friends, Celeste, is in her hometown of New Orleans this week to celebrate with her family and boyfriend her thirtieth birthday! I hope she is having a blast! ♥

I survived this past weekend--but just barely--with Brett gone to his bachelor party in Austin, Texas. He came home a day late (ugh, when I heard that he wouldn't make his planned flight home, I admit I was pretty inconsolable! Gosh, I'm way too attached to this guy!) but all in one piece and no arrests or injuries, thank goodness. :) The stories I have heard are pretty amazing. FiancĂ©'s friends are a handful, that's for sure. 

In other news, the winter school quarter is drawing to a close and the workload is getting to be a bit overwhelming, but I'm still taking an hour out of my study time to upload some inspirational pics to this little blog o'mine. The one above is from The Bride's Cafe's Tumblr account, which regularly posts pretty pretty pictures all day long.

The rest of the pictures you see today are from real weddings. Get ready to be impressed! :) 

This sunny California wedding is perfectly delightful!
Tabitha and Cynthia's joyous wedding in Los Angeles. I love all the DIY details, especially that illustrated photobooth stationary! Fiancé and I are HUGE FANS of photobooths. Did I tell you we have a collection of about 25 photobooth pictures? So fun.
They are so amazing!
Pretty wedding + sense of humor is a perfect blend of genuine chicness.
OMG I'm in looooove with this Kansas wedding!
You may remember this couple from the engagement shoot I wrote about in a previous post. Well, it comes to no surprise that their wedding is drop-dead gorgeous! It is one of the prettiest weddings I have ever seen! You have to click the link and look at the whole album. Do it. Right now. But in a separate tab so you can finish reading my post.
I'm not a huge fan of the color pink, but this wedding might change my opinion. It's so pretty!
I love this bouquet! We have all-white bouquets ordered for my bridesmaids (since their dresses are so colorful) and they may need to be edited.
The bouquet belongs to the rest of this wedding. Such great taste!
Another beautifully styled wedding. I can't get over how remarkably lovely chandeliers look outside. I'm also loving the hand-held illustrated fan programs and the bride's dress.
This wedding is inspired by the movie Big Fish. Isn't it magical?
Last but not least, an eccentric Alice in Wonderland-inspired wedding. It's a bit over-the-top and dramatic for my personal taste, but I admire their boldness and vision. It is rather all fascinating to look at. There's a lot going on!
And now I must get back to hitting the books! Right now we're studying aromatic compounds in organic chemistry and magnetic fields in physics. Lab report due. Exam tomorrow. Not exactly as fun to read about as wedding planning stuffs. Ah well. 

Oh, and five more months til our wedding! Whoever said a year is a "long time" to plan a wedding was mistaken. LOL.

source
Have a very happy week, everyone! Spring is right around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I'll take them all please. These people spent some serious loot on their weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alani! Weddings are the most expensive party ever! Let's hope to do it only once ;)

    Our dirty thirty festivities won't be as expensive, but will rival the fun-ness! Have you been bugging yours (Dan)? Because I've been bugging mine to no end! Where? When? What? Who? Cmon already! LOL. Can't wait! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover