September 17, 2011

Wedding Music



Brett and I were very involved with the selection of music that we played during our ceremony and reception. We love going to shows and listening to music together so it was important to us that the songs reflected who we are as a couple. Luckily, Braddah Kimo and Mixmaster B were ours for the night! They are immensely talented and we were so happy with the results!


For the ceremony and cocktail hour, Kimo serenaded our guests and got raves from everyone! He is so talented! He played sweet love songs and Hawaiian favorites as guests arrived. For the processional, we asked him to sing What a Wonderful World, a la Israel Kamakawiwo`ole.



And when it was my turn, Kimo switched over to this recording of Sade's By Your Side.


As soon as that music started, I knew it was me and my Momma's turn to start walking down the aisle and I swear, my heart dropped to my stomach and I got really nervous. I walked really fast only because I was afraid I would trip over my dress! My mom whispered, "Take it all in, this is your moment!" and I managed to breathe again and look at all the smiling faces around me... so perfect! Then I saw Brett's face and almost lost it. Thank goodness Gomez at that moment distracted me and made me laugh. ♥


For the recessional, Kimo was kind enough to learn Johnny Cash's Walk the Line for us! It was absolutely amazing! I loved him singing that song with a bit of Hawaiian flair. Lovelovelove. I highly recommend him, if you are looking for a musician for any event! He was even taking requests during happy hour! He sang Lean on Me for Brett's mama. 


After cocktail hour, Mixmaster B, superfamousHawaiifunnightanywhere DJ and my dear friend, Ben, entertained us with his beatz. :) Ben is for reals the sweetest guy and so good at keeping everyone happy and on the dance floor. Absolutely wonderful. Thanks again, Ben! ♥

This was our "first dance" song, Tonight & Forever by the Damnwells. I don't remember how we found it, but it's on a Ryan Reynold's movie soundtrack and if you know me well enough, you know RR is on my "List." So, it was meant to be. LOL! Luvu Brett :)


After that we danced the night away to everything from Teach Me How to Dougie to Katy Perry's Fireworks. Our photographer loved Ben's set so much that he took a picture of the computer screen to get all the songs! And the video we have of everyone dancing is epic. My little cousin, Nash, stole the show breakdancing! 

Other songs we used or listed as "loves":

Bridal Party Walk-in Entrance Songs:
Imma Star (Everywhere We Are) :: Jeremih
Party Like a Rock Star :: Shop Boyz

Mr & Mrs Walk-in Song:
Look at Me Now :: Chris Brown 

Mother/Son Dance:
Landslide :: Smashing Pumpkins

Love these Songs List
Knock You Down :: Keri Hilson
Use Somebody :: Kings of Leon
Ain’t Gonna Lose You :: Brett Dennen
Halo :: Beyonce
Home :: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes 
Hysteric :: Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Way I Am :: Ingrid Michaelson
Make You Feel My Love :: Adele
The Light :: Common
You’re the Closest Thing to Heaven :: Johnny Cash
Sea of Love :: Cat Power


Overall, such a great night! I will remember it foreversss! Thank you again, Ben and Kimo! 

Here's to another night of studying and not being any fun. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Great song list. Im stealing a few! Thx Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post you have here! this could be extremely useful. I'm glad I came across your diary. Also, for a live Wedding Music, i like to recommend hiring one of the live wedding funk bands from wedding. I agree. wonderful songs can extremely set the atmosphere for a pretty wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover