March 24, 2012

My Everyday Essentials



My beauty routine is pretty simple--Brett has been known to take longer than me getting ready ;) Hehe. Just kidding, but I swear that man spends more time on his hair than I do! Haha! I kid. Anyway, here's a quick list of my absolute have-to-have's that I use everyday! And, no, of course no one is paying me to endorse these products, I just wanted to share my favorite things with everyone :)


The Clarisonic Mia skin cleansing system, $119. I got this bad boy a couple of months before my wedding to keep my skin clear and boy did it ever! I love this thing. It has made my skin baby-butt smooth and if I skip it for even one day (read: get tipsy and too lazy to wash my face before bed), I definitely feel a difference. And the different colors are so prreeeetttty :)


Maybelline Stiletto liquid liner, $6. I've been playing with black liquid liner since I was 13, putting on makeup in the Sears bathroom at Pearlridge Mall, so I consider myself an expert on the matter. I have tried pretty much every wet/dry, pen, brush liquid liner under the sun, and this one is my favorite! It goes on easily, doesn't smear, lasts all day, and it's cheap! The line may be thick, thin, or swooped out for a sexy cat-eye. I have at least three of them in my makeup drawer in my bathroom at all times!


NARS blush, $28. There was a long time where I was anti-blush. I don't know why. I also don't know why I would outline my lips with brown eyeliner and then wear nude gloss over it. Blush is so amazing--it wakes up tired skin and suddenly you look like you just ran through a field of wildflowers into the arms of Leonardo DiCaprio. My favorites are Torrid and Luster, but the color that made this line famous is the unfailing-on-any-skin-tone Orgasm.


Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour lipcolor, $12. I love a bold lipcolor, and knew that I needed one that didn't rub off (I kiss my husband a LOT), so tested a few before finding this one. The Cherry color is fantastic and it really lasts all day! My mom tried it out for herself, and didn't like it as much so it may be hit-or-miss, but I have four other colors and I love them! The formula is great and not super drying if you remember to reapply the balm that comes with it. Here's me in the lip color photographed above:


This next must-have is ridiculous, I admit. BUT!!!! It makes SUCH A HUGE DIFFERENCE! I first got lash extensions a few months before the wedding to see if I would like it, and I was hooked! I really have itsy bitsy teeny tiny puny little natural lashes so I finally feel complete with these. Plus, I didn't smear any mascara when I cried on the wedding day! And I finally found a wonderful lash girl in Raleigh that I go see every four weeks for a fill and to gossip for an hour ($60).

After I got lashes for the first time last year
Last but not least: the hair. I use a straightening iron to, no, not straighten, but rather curl my hair. I used to straighten it every day--I even did the straightperm thing, but my hair is curly/wavy and likes to stay that way! Whenever I would straighten it in the past, it would look dry and frizz up easily. Since watching the following YouTube video, I've discovered that when I curl my hair this way, my hair is happiest, so if you have similar tresses, give it a try!


ghd Original 1" styler, $205. My instrument of choice, just make sure whatever you use has real ceramic plates and won't burn the poop out of your hair!
Well, that's it! I told you my getting ready routine is cake. Please share in the comments section your own beauty must-haves so I can try them out!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

...Addendum: Don't forget your SPF, too!

8 comments:

  1. I want a clarisonic!! Maybe I'll put it on my push present list. I hear it works miracles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! It has changed my skin. I love it ♥

      Delete
  2. I love the colour of the Nars blush

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pearrlidge and brown eyeliner for lipliner...HA! :D I wish my hair curled like yours. I curled it with flat iron for my wedding and it lasted until 10 pm. ps you're so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, darlin! I love your healthy recipes! Congrats on the new addition to the family! ♥

      Delete
  4. Cool! And I love the photos from Panama!
    If you have time, I'd love to know what do you think of my fashion blog. It's all about my sense of style between Barcelona and Paris.
    xoxo
    M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, Monica! And LOVE your blog--you have great taste! ♥

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover