May 30, 2012

My Favorite Books

[via]
Greetings, readers! Welcome to my third installment of Blogger Challenges: A List of My Favorite Things (list here). Reading has been an important part of my life since the moment I learned how to read for real (I was four, my mom was blowdrying my hair, and I read Hop on Pop for the first time by myself and it just clicked). Summers were spent scouring libraries, I would tie ribbons through folder paper holes and make mini books, I dreamed of writing books as far back as I can remember. When teachers would leave the room, I would be put in charge of the class and instructed to read aloud--yes I was that annoying nerdy little know-it-all. 

Ah, books have always been and will always be my original paramour. Here is a list of some of my favorites.

Others that are note-worthy:



I'm currently reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, which combines my love of science, history, and human interest. 

What are some of your favorite books? I am always on the lookout for my next favorite book, so please send me some recommendations! Thanks in advance!

And, thank you, as always, for reading! Have a great week! 

P.S. I start my summer pharmacy rotation on Friday, so these blog posts will definitely slow down, but I'll still try to keep it to one or two a week!


3 comments:

  1. I have read and loved pretty much all of these!!

    The Red Tent is amazing isn't it and Henrietta Lacks really made me think. Loved that book.

    You've picked some really great ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I adore your blog and style, so this comes as a great compliment! :) Cheers, Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my god, that picture of a room with thousands of books is really amazing! Love it.

    The Time Traveler's Wife is good, though. If you like to read about investigation, suspense thriller, suicide-kind of story, I think "The Face of Death" (Smoky Barrett Series) by Cody McFadyen is just - fascinating. The storyline is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover