June 10, 2012

Do as I say, not as I do...

[via]
After reading this post on Her New Leaf, I decided to challenge myself with all seven topics. [You can see previous posts here, here, and  here] This assignment post is to give advice. Hmmmm... give advice. I've thought about this for a few days now and I can't think of a single topic that I can advise about! I'm not an expert in anything; I've totally Forrest Gump'd my way to where I'm standing now, with the help of an endlessly supportive family, inspiring friends, and by completely winning the husband jackpot with Brett and his family!

But then I thought, "I'm a thirty-one [eek!] -year old woman, I have learned tons of things in this crazy life!" So here's a compilation of a bunch of random tidbits of "advice" I can dish out.

  • Before you buy anything online, check retailmenot.com first to see if there's any online coupons.
  • Use mint.com to keep track of your expenses.
  • Never tell a friend that you don't like her boy/girlfriend or that they should break up, even if it's obvious to everyone but your friend--it will inevitably create a wedge between you. Just be there for her/him to pick up the pieces after they implode, which they will.
  • Ask for directions.
  • Drink green tea and stay away from soda.
[via]
  • Get outside. Plan vacations, even if it's just to the other side of town.
  • Girls, make lady dates with your girlfriends. Guys, do the man date thang. Everyone: no flaking!
  • I hate it so much, I'll say it again: NO FLAKING! Don't be that guy, people get tired of that guy.
  • Use a straightening iron to curl your hair.
  • Be grateful, stop comparing what you have and do with others more fortunate. You are blessed.
[via]
  • Dress like you give a damn.
  • Exercise at least 20 minutes a day.
  • Stole this one from Oprah: Surround yourself only with people that will lift you higher. Get away from those frenemies!
  • Appreciate your loved ones.
[via]
  • Get your college degree(s) and get on with it. Don't let parties, boys (or girls), and part-time jobs distract you.
  • You should "love people and use things," not the other way around. But also, take care of the things you have, I've spent way too much money replacing things that I was careless with. Love people though, definitely, keep loving them, just love your things too, lols.
  • Sing out loud, even if someone can hear you.
  • Never settle.
  • If you're single, go out with every person who asks you. At the least, you get a free dinner out of it; at the most, you find love. If no one asks, grow some guts and ask someone!
[via]
  • Mind your manners. Say "please" and "thank you," be nice to your servers, hold the door open, don't hurt the feelings of others.
  • Try new things, get out of your comfort zone, be okay with making a fool out of yourself. This is not a rehearsal, YOLO! Lol.
  • Keep an open mind, we are not built the same, we don't have the same beliefs. Accept, live and let live.
  • Make dreams into plans and take action.
  • Go somewhere you've never been before at least once a year. This world is huge, go explore all four corners of it!
[via]
I hate taking advice, so giving it out is a little hypocritical, but! there you are. Most of it is pretty obvs, I'm sure. Thanks for reading, and for putting up with my know-it-allness--ugh, how annoying :) This weekend was fun and relaxing--I'm easily four shades darker than I was on Friday! Husband is back from his school reunion and we are winding down getting ready for another week of work work work!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover