August 3, 2012

Film Friday!

[via]
This past Monday, Brett and I went out to see The Dark Knight Rises, and it was amazing. I love this series! If you haven't seen the movie yet, go see it, and soon! Sooo worth the $10 :)

And while we both love date nights watching movies at a theater, the older I get, the more I prefer to watch them at home on the couch! Especially when they're simple comedies and light-hearted fare. Here's a quick list of some of the movies that I can watch over and over again (which I'm sure drives Brett crazy!)...

[via]
Amelie   Duh, no brainer. This is my favorite movie! It's so whimsical and sweet, and Audrey Tautou is absolutely charming! If starting off with The Dark Knight made you think this will be a list full of muscle-y men, you are sorely mistaken. Girl movies only, sorry!

[via]
French Kiss   Okay, now THIS movie, I could watch over and over again. I have probably seen it over thirty times. I don't know what it is, but I love it! I've always wanted to go to Paris and travel through the French countryside, tour a vineyard, and eat all the French cheese I can because of this movie! Love.

[via]
 The Emperor's New Groove   Weird, I know, but so quotable! I crack up watching this movie; it's so good! The day I found out that a dear friend of mine could quote all my favorite parts, I knew we would be friends forever. I adore this movie. If you ever want to gift me the DVD, thank you, and buy one for yourself too!

[via]
 Pure Luck   This one is for my Momma and Sister. The former took us to watch this one afternoon and the latter has made us crack up with spot-on movie impersonations ever since! I know it got awful reviews, and we may be the only three people in the world that love this movie, but give it a chance. It's amazing.

[via]
 Casablanca   A classic, and the most serious of my favorites listed here. I can't watch this a million times like the others, but I have seen it multiple times, and I savor every minute when I do. They just don't make men like Humphrey Bogart anymore. Such a stud.

[via]
 Clueless   When I was in high school, I studied this movie's wardrobe like it was going to be on an exam! And don't get me started on the soundtrack. Quotes from this movie will live on forever, they're way existential.

[via]
 Princess Mononoke   The Japanese don't make Disney movies, they make dark, weird movies with girl warriors who live with wolves. It's so bad ass. Please watch this, and others, like Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. Have your mind blown by cartoons.

[via]
Bridesmaids   My bridesmaids and I watched this in our hotel room as we got ready for my wedding. I didn't get to watch the whole thing until recently with Husband, and I have to say, it really lives up to the hype! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!

[via]
Crazy Stupid Love   Okay, I'll admit that I only wanted to watch this movie for the eye-candy. And yes, that may be a big part of the reason it's on this list. But this movie is funny, and Emma Stone is awesome.

[via]
This Means War   I threw this one in on a whim. I recently watched it on an airplane and it had me cracking up a lot! Chelsea Handler plays her best friend. 'Nough said. The older gent sitting next to me even asked what I was watching so he could tune in and laugh too (we had our own individual screens). And talk about eye-candy! Whew! Sorry, Husband. I'm done now.

Well, there you have it for my favorite movies to watch over and over again. I know it's not a very cerebral or poignant group, but it's fun! 

Brett and I are off for a little staycation in Raleigh this weekend for our first anniversary ♥ I still can't believe it's been a year since we tied the knot! More on this in my next post!

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for reading! :)


2 comments:

  1. Blows my mind that Tom Hardy is the guy to the right of Reese Witherspoon AND Bane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg no way! That blows my mind as well. He got BIG for Dark Knight. Ah, so cool. Thanks for putting two and two together for me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover