September 30, 2012

Happy Tears

Photobucket
[via]

My family likes to tease me because of my stoicism--I never used to cry in sad movies. Not a big deal in most families, but my family just so happens to be one sweet little group of leaky faucets. I love them to death but they used to drive me crazy--crying during AT&T commercials really?! And don't even get me started on Steel Magnolias or Beaches: puffy faces for days! They used to accuse me of being a robot, but I thought they were just silly. The only things that could make me cry were boys (ugh), really good books, and Benji the Hunted.

And then...

I don't know what happened, but one day I woke up and I was transformed into one of them! I cry during sad and happy movies, at weddings I pass the Kleenex around (although strangely not at my own), episodes of Long Island Medium completely ruin my makeup, I even get teary-eyed listening to sappy love songs that remind me of my husband. And, I'm not gonna lie, that image from the movie Up, above, gets me a bit sniffly. I'm a soggy mess! I often wonder what it was that flipped the switch; I think it was simply growing up and learning to appreciate all that I've been blessed with. Plus, there may have been an event or two that completely changed my life. 

Today while out running errands (I was soooo productive today!) I heard Bruno Mars's song Marry You and was reminded of this video, and yes, I started to cry just thinking about it! What's wrong with me?! If you happen to be one of the five people who haven't seen this it yet, here you go! Happy birthday! :) 

...And if you don't cry, you are a robot.


Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover