October 24, 2012

I ♥ NYC


Yeah, this post is a couple weeks late, but, let's be honest, you weren't holding your breath :) It's really just a self-indulgent show-and-tell anyway of all the outrageous fun we had in the greatest city in the world! Here's a list of what we did in four days:

  • Went to a taping of the Late Show with David Letterman and saw him interview John Goodman
  • Biked along the Hudson River
  • Toured a brewery in Brooklyn
  • Ate a lot
  • Walked a lot
  • Hung out with a lot of friends... a lot
  • Brett went to a Yankees v. Orioles game while...
  • I lady-dated with a few of my very favorite lady dates at a super authentic and delish Japanese joint (although they--my sweet friends, an issei and nisei--informed me that being yonsei is just like being haole...great)
  • Ate the best ramen ever with the sweetest couple ever
  • Had New York style pizza at 2am
  • Slept in... every morning
  • Didn't think about work and/or school
  • Took the subway a lot
  • Birthday'd it up with Hunter College friends
  • Artsy fartsy stuff (the Met = happy place)
  • Central Park'd
  • Visited the World Trade Center Memorial and Tribute Center

Here's the roundup of pics!

Rupert from the Late Show!




Dr. Lina! :)







Impressionism is my favorite, in case you hadn't noticed :)


Jasper Johns is Brett's favorite

 























Yes, there are a ton of me-pics, what can I say? That's what happens when there's just two of us and when I demand Hubby not only carry our camera but take an ungodly amount of photos of me too. Just kidding! He's just that in love with me, duh :P

With Hawaii friends at the Brooklyn Brewery!

So yum!

Kristina, Janet, and I! Y'all already know Kristina, but this was the first time I got to meet Janet, who is a huge inspiration to me and to a lot of people! You can read more about her amazing journey and get to know her here. And believe me, you want to know this woman! Love her!

Heehee, Kristina. Can't you just wait one more millisecond before you start complaining about the multiple flashes?! LOL!

At the World Trade Center Tribute Center. Incredibly poignant and haunting.

A fallen firefighter's helmet and coat


The Survivor Tree: only a stump was left after 9/11 but it was nursed back to health!

Honolulu Fire Department shirt ♥



On the way to the airport! And another wonderful misadventure in the books! Can't wait for our next one!

Soon: wedding posts! We have the pleasure of going to two weddings in two weeks' time! So fun!
Thank you for reading and enjoy the rest of your week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover