October 26, 2012

Japanther


Listening to music while I study is paramount. Because we had a grip of tests this week, I got the chance to catch up on some muzack on Spotify.

Now, I have to give LOTS of credit to an ex-boyfriend for opening my ears to music I would never have listened to on my own and this band is my favorite. [Another goodie: Desaperacidos] One of the best shows I've ever been to was in a teeny tiny venue on a cold winter day in Seattle to see Japanther perform in front of maybe 50 people. The band consists of two guys on microphones made out of old telephones. They used a tape recorder as back-up music and had to fast-forward and rewind a lot.

It was. Amazing.

Give a listen to "Come Back Home," a song I'm obsessed with from their 2011 album, Beets, Limes, and Rice. The lyrics = so good.


I was the drug you were the overdose 
I was the hole you were the holy ghost 
holding me up, keeping me safely at home 

You were a voice, I was the vulture 
And it was a choice and you weren't so sure 
So you packed your bags, and sprouted some wings of your own 

You were a door, tried to stay open 
I was the floor, hoping you'd walk back in 
Please don't leave me baby come back home 
(oh oh oh oh) 

The sound of your feet pounding the pavement 
Shaking the streets, make these walls cave in 
Please don't leave me baby come back home 
(oh oh oh oh) 

I lived in this bar, ever since the day you left 
Been trying hard to drink myself to death 
And I never thought I would run into you here 

So buy me a drink, and tell me you love me 
And please take me home, before things get ugly 
I needed your breath whispering soft in my ear 

You were a door, tried to stay open 
I was the floor, hoping you'd walk back in 
Please don't leave me baby come back home 
(oh oh oh oh) 

The sound of your feet pounding the pavement 
Shaking the streets, make these walls cave in 
Please don't leave me baby come back home 
Please don't leave me baby come back home

We are now off to Charlotte for Brett's cousin, Shelton's wedding! So excited! :) Thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover