November 15, 2012

First World Problems

[via]
Got home from school today and felt so tired and burnt out. Then I snapped out of it and realized what a selfish turd I was being.

Seriously, why am I complaining about receiving an excellent education for a degree that will increase my quality of life (and that of my family and future kids) tremendously? All of my dreams are coming true and I'm mopey about it? That's ridiculous!

Just another reminder that when you stop and look around, life is pretty darn amazing. So much to be grateful for.

Other good things:

Started listening to audiobooks on my way to and from school. I've already listened to Tina Fey reading Bossypants by Tina Fey and half of Are You There Vodka? It's Me Chelsea by Chelsea Handler, read by Chelsea Handler. Cracking up for 40 minutes (20 each way) is a pretty good start and end to my school day. Next: Mindy Kaling reading Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by--you guessed it--Mindy Kaling. I don't normally read this amusing autobiographical stuff, but hearing it is entertaining.

Conversation the other morning, at 6:45am (15 minutes after my alarm goes off and I finish reading emails in bed):
     Me: Pssst. [snuggling up] What time is your alarm set for?
     Huz: Huh, wha? [half asleep] ...7:30. Why, what time is it?
     Me: Almost 7. I think you should just get up now.
     Huz: I know you do. Because you're a bad wife! [puts me in a sleepy headlock]

Still cracks me up. I hate getting up and getting ready while Huz sleeps all warm and peaceful in bed. It's the woooorrrssst.

Alright, I have a ton to get through and need to stop procrastinating.

I-cannot-brain-today.jpg
[via]
Have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend! Thank you for reading!


2 comments:

  1. hi erin,
    happy new year! i just read this entry post and was interested in the audiobooks. how do you listen to them? ipod? iphone? app?
    thanks, moka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey beautiful!

      I use the Audible app on the iPhone. I pay $14/month which includes one book--way cheaper than through iTunes if you listen to them as much as I do.

      Xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover